William Morris

St. James's Damask

In two colourways

St. James's Palace, London. Built 1531-1536

This design of roses, pinks and Acanthus leaves was originally produced in 1881 by Morris & Co. as a woven silk damask for the Blue Room of St. James's Palace in London. St. James's Palace was a residence of kings and queens of England for over 300 years.

Morris's firm had already done work for the Palace in 1866-67. This silk design was used as a wallcovering, and also used as curtains. Morris sold it for several years as a wall covering, also using it in the Small Drawing Room of Stanmore Hall in 1888-96.

St. James's Damask

Designed by William Morris in 1881
Wallpaper:
20.5" x 33' roll
(52.1cm x 10.06m)
Repeat:
20.5" (52.1cm)
Eco-Wallpaper
Full width wallpaper illustrated.


Click to enlarge image

St. James's Damask

Designed by William Morris in 1881
Wallpaper:
20.5" x 33' roll
(52.1cm x 10.06m)
Repeat:
20.5" (52.1cm)
Eco-Wallpaper
Full width wallpaper illustrated.
Click swatch for enlargement